Connect&GO provided RFID solutions for the Netflix event launch of the new film The Highwaymen at this year’s South by Southwest (SXSW) Conference and Festival in Austin, TX. The immersive activation recreated a scene from the new film; which stars Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson, and tells the story of the two Texas Rangers who chased after the infamous Bonnie & Clyde. With country music playing and actors reenacting key scenes from the film, guests scanned in and enjoyed the immersive atmosphere of the Old West. Games were set-up inside the activation, and guests scanned to participate and earn points they could redeem for prizes. The Netflix representatives on-site at SXSW enjoyed a detailed overview of guest participation at their activation and data captured could be analyzed to determine overall interest in the upcoming film. Country singer Luke Nelson also performed at the busy Highwaymen House activation.
- Looking for a reliable way to track participation in their SXSW activation.
- Looking to create a connection with SXSW attendees so that they would become fans of the film and deepen their loyalty to the Netflix brand.
- Looking to gamify the experience so as to draw participants in and determine their overall interest in the film.
- Scan touch points were set up at both the entrance and exit so that organizers could see exactly how long each participant spent inside the Highwaymen activation.
- Because each guest was registered to a personal profile, key information was shared each time a guest scanned to enter and participate in the activation. Organizers learned about the specific demographics that showed an interest in the film, and could learn even more detailed information depending on which games/photo opportunities they participated in once inside.
- An interactive gambling table was set up to encourage guests to feel as though they were a part of the film. Guests earned points for participating, and even more points if they won! Guests also earned points for interacting with the actors recreating scenes inside the activation. Points could be redeemed at the General Store for prizes such as personal flasks and more. Points could be carried over for the duration of the conference and guests were encouraged to return to the Highwaymen House at any time during their time at SXSW.
Our Understanding Consumer Behavior at Brand Activations White Paper
Read about how RFID solutions can help brands better understand their consumers at brand activation events.Download our white paper now