Connect&GO provided RFID solutions for this year’s fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Club of the Peninsula in Menlo, California. The annual event raises money for the organization, which offers counselling and support to help at-risk youth. At this year’s event, guests were given an RFID wristband they could use to make instant pledges for donations. If a guest wanted to make a pledge, they simply raised their hand to have their wristband scanned with the organization staff or volunteers. Because each guest was registered to an online profile, personal information was shared instantly with each scan. This innovative fundraising technique made it easier for the organization to track donation amounts in real time, and to follow-up on pledges after the event.
- Looking for a way to make the donation process easy and fun for the guests.
- Looking to track donation amounts in real time.
- Looking to facilitate post-event follow-up and communication with guests.
- Guests enjoyed the simplicity of the scan-to-pledge system.
- Each scan was recorded within the dashboard and organizers could track the amounts in real time.
- Each guest was registered to an online profile, making it easy for the organization to reach out afterwards to follow-up on a pledge and/or share information about the event and future opportunities to donate.