If you run a ski resort, you probably spend the off-season (summertime) thinking about how to increase sales once the snow hits the ground again. Season pass sales are a crucial part of a ski resort’s business, and finding new ways to encourage skiers to sign on for the whole season is essential. So, how can you sell more season passes at your resort? By making the season pass a VIP experience filled with fun and convenient perks. Let’s take a closer look…
A Warm Welcome
Skiers want to hit the slopes as quickly as they can, so why not offer a few helpful features that’ll get them on the chair lift faster? The following add-ons can be included in each RFID season pass. Skiers simply scan their pass to get the access they need:
- VIP parking: Season pass-holders scan to enter this zone and park extra close to the chalet.
- Locker for the day: Season pass-holders sign-in before their arrival at the hill to have a locker assigned to their online profile. The locker number is sent via email, and the guest scans their pass to open and lock their locker for the day.
Ready to Re-fuel
Skiers usually need to stop for a quick bite during the day – and maybe a few snacks and drinks afterwards. You can make the ordering process simple for your season pass-holders so they can spend more time on the hill and less time waiting in line:
- Mobile ordering: Season pass-holders can place online orders for food so it will be ready for pick-up when they get to the chalet. Each order is associated with the guest’s personal profile and they can simply scan to pick up their food when it’s ready.
- Discounts & Freebies: Make season pass-holders feel special by offering discounts on their favorite snacks or by adding a digital drink token to their profile for that après-ski beer. Promotions can be customized for guests and added directly to their profiles so they can scan to redeem their special offer.
A Family Affair
Encourage families to ski together all season by purchasing a family season pass. With additional safety features and convenient payment options, families will want to purchase this group pass they can enjoy all season long.
- Parent-child pairing: Parent and child passes can be paired for additional security. In the case of an emergency, your employees can simply scan a child’s pass to have their parents notified immediately via SMS.
- Pre-paid billing: Offer families a discounted rate when they purchase a group package of season passes. Payment plans can be set up based on monthly payments – which means a recurrent revenue for your ski resort, and a more manageable payment structure for your guests.
Let guests make the most of their season pass by offering priority access to off-season activities and discounts or promotions for partnering businesses.
- Summertime fun: Whether you offer summertime hiking at your resort or other special events; let your season pass-holders get priority access for tickets and reservations during the off-season.
- Splash n’ Snacks: Partner with nearby businesses to offer season pass-holders special promotions at water parks and restaurants close by.
Season pass sales are an important part of your business. By integrating RFID solutions at your ski resort, you can provide guests with an unparalleled experience that will keep them coming back for more! To learn more about RFID solutions for ski resorts, read our white paper here.